Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Just Thinking Back...

Alert: this is not an emo post


Just listening to that song brought the very slightest prick of tears to my eyes. I still remember how it felt like to be together then. I think I can, because she was my first true significant other half. How times have changed since :) I remember everything like it was yesterday, even down to what I was wearing. That song just epitomized the very feelings I was experiencing then. True by Ryan Cabrera is it.

How Amy and I have grown since those years. We're the closest of friends now, as some of you may know. We go out every now and then, and for some reason, after a long period of silence, we simply just start from where we left off. I don't believe in coincidences and I honestly think she's a God-send. Bear with my apparent mushiness here but I do mean it. She ranks right up there with all my close friends - Cat High or other - in the category of "If-I-hadn't-met-you-I'd-have-not-been-me-now". These are people I'd be willing to give whatever it takes to keep the friendship strong and burning. We're all human and we needs friends to rely on at some point in time, and she's one of them I'd pick any day. Any day. How the times, both past and present, have catalyzed and forged our friendship to what it is today.

I wouldn't trade it in for the world. Not ever.

No comments: