Sunday, March 23, 2008

Power (Metal)!

I suppose it is a bit late to be acknowledging this but thanks goes to Bert for introducing me to Dragonforce and all their Pac-Man music. Not exactly thew-thew-thew music but they used to create in-game music for several games, and their music is heavily influenced by that. Suffice to say their songs are really good if you can appreciate it and I do, albeit being an amateur. At least when I'm bored I listen to Operation Ground and Pound and I feel alive again. Bring on the Pac Man.

Podcasted at Reddot Traffic down Maxwell Road yesterday cos GT was closed. That place is a horror to find, especially if the taxi driver misheard it as Middle Road. Middle. Maxwell. Mellllll. Maybe he heard that instead. He was kind enough to reset the meter otherwise I would have ended up paying $10 frigginating bucks for a taxi ride that would have cost no more than $6. And I won't tell you where I got lost until I had to take a cab. You'd laugh till your sides burst, I tell you.

Went out with the guys after that to Purvis Street for cheeken rise. Quite excellent but the damn chicken was too bony and I kept getting bits of bone crap stuck in between my teeth. It It was a good feeling to be together again, just the 4 of us crapping about and being a nuisance wherever we go. Speaking of being a nuisance, we did live up to our expectations when we went to the foodcourt at Bugis with our pre-bought drinks at Cold Storage and were promptly chased out by the manager after 20 minutes because "no outside food and/or drinks are allowed". Screw him. Bumped into Audrey and TYM aka the Other Two Musketeers before that, paktor-ing as usual.

OH yes I got my job at TCC! I'm so elated. Now I can stop worrying about the lack of funds because guess what: they're paying me $5.50 an hour! Screw 7-Eleven! But the tradeoff - for me at least - is ungodly working hours. They do have transport to send you home though, so that's a good thing. Monday's the orientation/training and Joyce and I are gonna go together. Excited and nervous at the same time. Wish me luck!

No comments: