Sunday, March 30, 2008

My First Time

Broke a standee during work today. You know those little signs on the table telling you the month's special? Yeah I dropped that and broke it. Ironically 1. the first thing I break isn't glass, 2. it wasn't on a hard floor (on carpet actually). What the hell. Someone left her name and cellphone number on the receipt she left behind for me to call. No really. Since I was the only guy working there I deduce that she meant that for me. And I was working at the smaller TCC outlet at Bugis. There were only 4 girls and 1 guy, i.e. yours truly, so that narrows the search field further. "Hi I'm ________ (forgot name). My handphone number is _______ (forgot number). I'm single and available."

I'm gonna get laid!

Lunched with Best at Ajisen Ramen at Taka. Nice food, service could obviously be improved. The Audi R8 and S8 were both displayed outside Taka and that drew crowds no end. Obviously everyone went for the R8 because ooh it's sleek and so sexy. But no-one went for the V-10 S8 cos it's anodyne and so unremarkable. Me being me, I went for the S8 because that represents a totally different breed of car. A Terminator in sheep's clothing. Helen Mirren in a leather rompus suit. Bill Gates in a strip club getting it on with the hookers. That engine has more horsepower and more torque than the R8's, stuffed into a completely standard Audi A8 chassis and I can safely bet most of the idiots crowding over the R8 didn't know that. Ah but well, no-one can resist the lure of a perfectly well-balanced supercar - the R8. Sent Best back home after some proper, quality time out which cheered me up immensely before work.

Something happened which I prefer not to say out of respect and deference for the person who has had to go through such a painful and traumatising experience. I'd just want to say that although we live our days out like there's no tomorrow, the fact is that it very well could be just that. For some people, there just isn't any tomorrow. People die and people live, and sometimes for the living it's the only thing in the world which can break even the strongest man.

Life as we know it, is transient. It will never last long, no matter what scientists invent to prolong it. The thin line between death and life will always be there and we should make ourselves aware of it.

Because you never know when you might cross the line.

No comments: