Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Pi Day!

Not many people know this but today is Pi Day, the celebration in recognition of the most elusive and enigmatic numbers the world has ever seen: Pi, 3.14 - March 14. Yes it isn't enough to warrant to name a national holiday in honor of it. But think of how important Pi is to us: from calculating the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, to astronomers calculating the span of galaxies to helping us fail exams, it's all there in Pi. The BBC has a very good article on Pi Day, you should read it up and see how Pi runs our lives.


"
Sir, I send a rhyme excelling
In sacred truth and rigid spelling
Numerical sprites elucidate
For me the lexicon's full weight"



3.14


Remember March 14


Anyway on a more intelligent and coherent note, Best came over to my place for some studying today. In the spirit of helping her concentrate on studying and not do any other monkey business except study, I played my computer games on full blast. Not really, I didn't get to do that because firstly she has the attention span of a donkey with a red-hot poker shoved up its ass (no pun intended) and secondly, we were having too much fun. Always the camwhore she made me succumb to her devious and cunning ways and made me pose for photos. Not that I'm much of a poser. No really. Again it was all great fun. Loved it all :)


No comments: