Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A very nice Boxing Day

An outing with my best is always really relaxing and totally no-holds barred. I cannot ever recall one that wasn't. Perhaps some in our more formative years but those never affected anything, I'm sure.

Dispensing with the philosophical verbiage, I went out with her today for breakfast and lunch (if you can even call it that). I met up with her - late - at AMK station. Sorry best I thought I could make it in time but in the end I had to cab there which cost me a whopper. Anyhow I got there and we took the train down to Suntec where the first place we headed to was the carpark. Yes the clever woman thought going down this particular flight of stairs led to the Fountain Atrium but no, it led to the carpark at B2. Smarty.

We shared breakfast at Subway which involved a hearty helping of exactly half a tiny bun with even half a smaller egg inside with the works, in Subway-speak. Can't complain - it was good. Looking over and seeing Carl's Jr open, we promptly shifted our asses over where we ordered a box of beef fries and set about destroying their serviette dispenser. After that we walked around for a bit while we decided whether to makan at Tony Roma's, (what's that other place with ribs?) and Carrefour. Yes.

Here comes the fun part. We went to Carrefour and after some deep deliberation which involved detailed calculation about how much face we would lose while eating, we decided to get some ribs. Bad choice. We didn't know where to eat them and in the end headed to the nearby Starbucks, bypassing our original plan of eating at the Esplanade. We had to order something in order not to get kicked out of Starbucks so Amy got us to share passionfruit tea which was sour as hell. Then we headed out to prevent XtR3me eMB4rrA5m3n+ from eating our ribs. I mean the ones we bought. Suffice to say that while chowing down we felt supremely uncomfortable, more like lions munching their latest kill than proper civilised humans having lunch. Unfortunately we had to hurry because she had some study time with her friend so we had to cut short our outing. You owe me 2 hours, woman ;). Gosh, the fun we had.



To digress, in recent months I think I've undergone something of a revolution in friendship. I've known more pals, gotten to know some of my old friends much better and for all intents and purposes have made friends with them all over again. Call it discovery? I could name a few like S, J, L, A, Y whom I'm grateful to know and be friends with. Without alienating the others in any way I think I should make a special mention about J. J's been a friend of mine for some time now but I've never really talked to her. Recently I've been spending some time with her and I think she is one fantastic person whom I regret not knowing better before. She's a good ear, understands you well and has the ability to brighten your day no matter how dark it was. Her friend S is one nice character too. I am getting to know her better now but I think she'll be just as engaging a pal as J.

Seems like 2007 is going to end on a good note.

No comments: