Monday, December 17, 2007

China day 3

Ok so I didn't update yesterday cos I was too busy talking online to friends.

Really really.

Not flirting with China girls.

Really really.

Anyway, today wasn't much fun at all (and it still isn't). The only bright spot is that I made it out of the hotel (more on that later) and that I didn't get killed by some taxi driver hell-bent on usurping Michael Schumacher's record 7 F1 World Championships. The taxi rides today were quite sedate to say the least, and I made it to wherever I was going safely and comfortably in one piece. Oh and best is in Hong Kong now so I might get to see her (and Janis) when I go there. Hope so.

Stupid mum got pissed at me today simply because I didn't wake up at 0700 and 00 secs so she screamed at me and that pretty much set the mood for the rest of the day. Safe to say I'm still not talking to her. She refused to come out of the room in the morning when we were supposed to go to Macau and instead left me and my dad in the hotel restaurant each nursing a cup of coffee with me stuffing my face with continental breakfast.

What's new.

I went to the (quote) Former Residence of Sun Yat-Sen (unquote) which is in some godforsaken place with some equally godforsaken name in China. Doesn't matter about the location because it is the only one of its kind in China. It's a pretty sprawling place, with replicas of several objects Monsieur SYS (nice name) used to use. For the uninitiated - and trust me, I was one too until I was done with this place - Sun Yat-Sen is the founder of the modern Republic of China. He overthrew the Qing dynasty and set about building up his version of democracy and equal rights for all, with the soon-to-be infamous General Chiang Kai-Shek as his right-hand man. To cut the long story short, his little Bohemia of freedom and equality to which he strived so hard to build was royally screwed after he died, when a certain man called Mao Zedong and his merry band of Communists wrested power from Chiang Kai-Shek (who acceeded to the throne of power after SYS died). CKS was forced to run - together with his party the Kuomintang, or KMT - to Taiwan, where he still is today. Not really 'cos the fella's dead now, but you can imagine what it's doing to cross-strait relations in the present.

Should be going to Macau tomorrow if mum lightens up. I hate it when she pulls one of her damned ridiculous tantrums for no freaking reason at all and just gives everyone hell. Sometimes I have absolutely no idea what the hell's wrong with her. It seems like she WANTS people to get angry just so to spoil the happy mood of the holiday. I don't care man, I'm gonna do my own things and she can keep on getting angry till the cows come home. Wanna talk, fine. Don't wanna talk, even better.




Can't stop thinking about it. It stuck with me the whole day today and I just can't get it out of my head. And boy is it a good thing.


No comments: