Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A little bit of Monica on my mind...

So I went back to the place where my mum's dad was born, which was a good 3 hour journey from Zhongshan and its environs. It was a pretty uplifting and insightful journey, perhaps the most meaningful in all my time here (besides eating and getting fat. I've just gained 3kg. Honest.) I took quite a number of pictures of the house that my granddad used to stay in. We met up with a few of my mum's cousins too, who were all - quite honestly - pretty ancient but damned active people. The mum of my mum's 7th cousin is 88 and she's still walking around like some kind of Olympic pro. Fantastic stuff.

Actually what I really wanted to talk about was something that happened during dinner. My parents and I walked into this upscale restaurant next to my hotel because we had no idea where to go makan. Honest to god we didn't expect that it'd be so expensive because duh we hadn't stepped in before. First thing that greeted us on the menu was abalone: 600 yuan. Tea (some special kickass kind): 12000 yuan PER CUP. Yes that's right. My dad nearly fell out of his chair. But nevertheless they had some cheaper dishes and we ordered those.

Well to cut the long story short, the waitress who was serving us tea was a fine specimen of a female as any. Oh my lord she was as fine as a hot cup of tea and a good book on a rainy day. She was so demure and sweet, had the cutest dimples, the most beautiful face and had features which were a perfect blend of aquiline and subtle. A face so enchantingly hypnotic that it takes the phrase "her bewitching beauty" to a whole new level. And oh she had a body to die for too. If your friends have told you that they've seen the most beautiful girl on earth they're talking complete rubbish because I have. She made everyone else in the room look like Cruella even though they all were pretty too. But this girl, goodness. She wasn't just pretty - she was beautiful. She just lit up the room in the brightest sense of the word. Truth be told I wanted to have her number so badly I devised at least 5 ways to go about it while my parents argued about some inane thing over the table. Here are a few.

(Stay behind while parents pay the bill, grab number, go.)
(Pretend to go to toilet, grab number, go.)
(Ask from one of the other waitresses, grab number, go.)
(Ask in front of parents, grab number, and die.)
(Obviously there were more ways I devised but they cannot be mentioned here due to graphic content. Just kidding.)

I cannot even begin to fully describe her enchanting countenance. It was so spellbinding that it left me looking at her almost every chance I got. Which I thought was a good thing until she started looking at me too, with which my inflated ego took to mean that we had something going. Hardly, I think. Oh well, she smiled at me too.

You gotta have a dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You shoulda left her your number instead of asking for hers......

the other person said...

and suffer the indignity of her being unable to read my atrocious handwritten text? hell no.

and dude, i have a tagboard