Monday, December 03, 2007

Quickie



Hooray! Tech65 has officially turned 50! No not that old you blithering idiot, 50 as in podcast episode 50. To be quite honest there was no real and absolute sense of elation or ecstasy for me, possibly due to the fact that I wasn't in from the beginning like Jerrick and Daniel and that it was a Saturday like any other. We had our 50th megacast at our beloved Geek Terminal and boy were there plenty of people who turned up to listen to us spout our typical Saturday drivel. Naturally I knew damn near none of them there except for my group and Mike Cheng who previously was on an episode of 65Bits. Whatever the case, we had great fun there and were given an insight into the world of entrepreneurship by Bernard Leong, chair of the NUS Entrepreneurship Society and a guy with a lot on his plate, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. Cheers, team, here's to many more returns of the day. Next up, 100th!

If you were wondering why I have not yet done a new post is because I had been waiting for the arrival of my new laptop which literally arrived at the last minute on Friday night, just in time for Saturday's podcast. A big, hearty thank-you to all who have expressed concern over the demise of my ex-electronic wife, whose innards are probably being destroyed as we speak. Once your wife dies it's hard to remarry, but in this case I beg to differ. My new one is literally the all-powerful. It's the Acer 4920G. Google that and I'm sure you'll agree with me that this iz da bomb, babehh. It's running on Vista and it's far smoother than I had anticipated. The only real qualm I have is about Acer (again). Acer's engineering division has always had a penchant for overlaying their proprietary interface over a completely proper, WORKING Windows interace, especially in the areas of power management and wireless connectivity. The thing is that you have to set both the Acer's and Window's system to exactly the right values so that they don't clash and give you a goddamn headache every single time you boot. I now have the wireless cutting out every time I boot when it's originally connected, which means I have to double-tap the wireless toggle button to get it back every time. What a complete annoyance.

Oh well school's back in full force and so are the projects. The next one up is my GEMS project, already underway in fact. Suffice to say I need to call upon the powers of Mr. Coffee and Adobe Premier Pro to get it all done before this Wednesday comes.

Give me strength.

No comments: