Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Coming up...

Haven't blogged for a while so a nice short entry here would do justice to all you starving readers out there who want to suck every living juice outta my private life :D.

Went out with best for lunch yesterday. I was feeling kinda generous since I hadn't seen her for so long so I treated her to lunch at Swenson's. Shan't talk about it here because I'd dilute the quintessential fun and laughter that always accompanies our meetings so I'll direct you to read it at her blog. And she definitely captures the moment better than I would have.

For the first time in a long time - in fact, for the first time - I have been party to a PR event. Ogilvy International had invited two of us down for their 'champagne and strawberries' informal media PR night and NTT and I got the lucky seats.

Exiting Raffles Place station, I realised that not only did it have like a million exits all pointing towards different directions, I also had completely forgotten to download the map of the area into my phone. Cue aimless walking and fruitless searching for damn near 15 minutes before I had a brainwave and followed the numbers on the buildings to 35 Robinson Road, The Ogilvy Centre.

Lest you people think this was some boring event with equally boring people sitting around doing nothing but talking tech, you're right. It was really full of people talking tech, but I honestly can say it wasn't in the least bit boring. I personally met the co-founder of Nuffnang ads Cheo Ming Shen or Ming for short - a fast talking and highly engaging guy, Brian Koh, Ogilvy's resident Digital Influencer (god I love that job title), DK from ping.sg who also attended Tech65's 50th bash and a host of other people whom I'm glad to have met. They were all highly engaging and sincerely interesting to talk to. Despite my age gap I surprisingly found it easy to talk to them, held my own well as I did. It wasn't easy at first, being the youngest there and having these IT professionals sitting around with glasses of champagne (I drank 2 btw) and having discussions about stuff so deep it made the Mariana Trench look like a wading pool. Slowly I made it into the conversation and I did manage to eke out a response or two.

By the end of the second glass I was really quite tired and knocked out from the long day and my eyes began closing. Luckily we ended our discussions and long debates at 9ish and headed home, but not before taking a tour around the fantabulously well-appointed Ogilvy offices. Damn it was a fun time, honest.

On a more jovial tone, I'm going to Hong Kong! Yes, on the 15th I shall be boarding a flight to HK and Guangzhou for fun and sun in the uh.........polluted air of HK whatever. Anyway point is I'm gonna have my first proper holiday in a long, long time. I'm going to visit my sister there and I'm also gonna have some fun myself. So don't miss me for I'll be back on the 23rd for some more fun.

Who wants a present this Christmas from me from HK better start sucking up now.

No comments: