Monday, December 04, 2006

last week of school


That's me on the Electone on the left, Samuel my 'cuz on the Silent
Violin on the right.




Showroom Performance!!!



Yup indeed it is. My deepest apologies to all who have been disappointed with my lack of postings recently. Too damned busy.

Performance was a blast. My sincerest thanks to all who came, hope I didn't disappoint. First day, Samuel went off key on the violin. I'm not about to criticize, because my cousin is a brilliant violinist. He had a hand in the backing music for the local movie "The Maid" and he performed at the recent opening of VivoCity too, just to name a few. Not bad a portfolio. I, on the other hand, have only a meagre 2 performances to boot. But hey, I'm being offered to perform at hotels and what-not. And there's cash to be had too.

Second day wasn't too bad, but it was my turn to bust up and Samuel's turn to shine. Played a solo starting piece to get people's attention. Midway through the song I realised I was going to blow it big time, because I'd forgotten the rest of the notes. So I did the only smart thing an organist like me would do: I put the volume pedal down slowly, and pretended it was a short introductory piece, when I was in fact supposed to play the whole piece. No applause, please. Elisha came at the start of my first piece. Couldn't mistake her for anyone else. Who else wears such a bright T-shirt that SCREAMS "I'M HERE!" =) Appreciate her for coming, even though she was sick and all.

I never knew my Aston Martin post could gather so much attention. Too bad Tulip didn't get taken in. She said that "no one would describe their girlfriend in such a way". Argh =)

Jo and I kind of pissed each other off a bit that night. Don't want to go into details, but I hope she doesn't mull over it too long. We've already apologized to each other, hope this thing will just blow over. Well, just hope for the best, is all.

Dinner's a'coming. See you fellas around

No comments: