Monday, December 11, 2006

sleepless in singapore

I guess I misunderstood myself all along. Let's just let it be. I won't look up to you the way I did before. It's not that I don't like you, I do. But we all have to back down sometime.

Slept during Mark Wan's lesson and all through my bus ride back home from Goethe where I was paying my fees. Tired as hell and felt somewhat burdened.

Got to number 2 on the blacklist! I'm the proud owner of a brand-new Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren. That guy just couldn't stand up to my superior Porsche 911 Carrera S. Kicked him in the goolies, took his car AND got myself a "get out of jail free" ticket. Cool. Now have to figure out a strategy to beat Razor. He's a toughie and he has got my BMW E36 M3 GTR. Not that I'm looking forward to getting that car. I think the McLaren and Ford GT are far more exquisite and exotic vehicles than an M3. However bear in mind that I haven't seen that car in a long while, so if I tune it up some, it could be a real whacker.

Which is more than I can say for my former flagship vehicle, the Porsche Carrera GT. No doubt in real life the car is a stunning beauty (hey, Jay Leno owns one), but in the game, it's just a letdown. I have lost track of the number of spins performed while racing. Not just any spin, mind you. A 360 that'll make you lose time AND patience with the car. Decided enough was enough and sold it today for 145,000. Now my new Porsche 911 Carrera S takes the cake. So, in total I have 3 cars now: the Lamborghini Gallardo, Porsche 911 Carrera S and my new best friend, the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren. Just realised that all my cars are of European ancestry. Ha! It's not that I don't like Japanese cars, it's just that I don't think they're cut out for pure, adrenaline-pumping racing. The Brits and Germans still do it better.

McLaren FTW!

No comments: