Thursday, December 28, 2006

wonderful wednesday

Why do I spending so much time and effort on someone who doesn't appreciate it, when someone whom I feel special with gets only half that time? She once meant more to me than anyone else, still means more to me than anyone else, yet I'm doing this to her? She deserves much more than this.

Gerald Ford is dead, long live Gerald Ford. The 38th President of the US passed away at the grand old age of 93. My hat off to him. He was one of the most influential US presidents. I think he'll be sorely missed. Also, singer-songwriter and "Godfather of Soul" James Brown passed away, from heart failure. I love his songs. "Get Up Offa' That Thing' was one of his greatest hits, apparently. Just read that up. God bless both these wonderful people.

Went to Amy's today, passed her her present. Was raining the whole time so it was slightly wet when I got there. Ate lunch together, as usual (I cooked!) and helped her prepare her dinner. In a way. Hope it was edible, Ames :). Fafa was jumping all over me like I was a long lost friend. Everytime I tried to put her down she'd have none of it and would jump back on my lap. We had a lot of fun but there're too many to list. And I don't like to publicize those too. Private. Shh.

Accompanied Joanne at Wisma to buy her pants later in the day. Met up with Joycelyn later. It was so funny that I couldn't stop grinning to myself throughout. The whole time I was desperately trying to keep my laughter in check. For the life of me I don't know what was so hilarious, but as I think back now I think I know what it is. Shan't say what it is but damn, is it funny. She had her dance class at 1815? (I think) then I just went off home myself. Can't meet her tomorrow cos her mommy wouldn't say yes. Another time, no problem.

I think the umbrella should become a fashion accessory for people nowadays. I mean, it's raining the whole time, everyone's getting wet and it doesn't look like a reprieve's coming soon. People should start carrying brollies the way Paris Hilton carries dogs or Hong Kong celebrities carry marriages (sometimes they don't). Speaking of accessorizing. That day on the train, I had the luck of seeing 3 baby-toting mothers right in front of me. One Indian, one Malay and one Chinese. But that wasn't all. I counted nearly 5 more babies in strollers in the same car I was in. I thought the Government was pushing for more babies but this was insane! It was like it was fashionable to have babies! Maybe I should tell my future wife that.

No comments: