Wednesday, November 08, 2006

today and yesterday

Seems like the number of hits on my site per day has nearly doubled after my Wee Shu Min entry two days prior. I know it's a crap job compared to some really dedicated and talented writers but hey, I'm on my way there.

Went out with Audrey for lunch today. Situation amicably resolved, we're now two very happy people. Busted that problem through, slam, bam, thank you Ma'am. Let's hear no more of it. Congrats and handshakes all around for getting a nice Silver for Napfa though, Aud. We traipsed down to Cash Converters at TP where I had the most pleasant surprise. Peeking out underneath a layer of dust were a row of computers squatting atop the topmost shelf of a metal rack. Wait, don't click the Back button so fast. These were no ordinary PCs. They weren't even PCs. They were Apple G3 imacs, lime green, apparently donated by The Overseas Family School.

I took one look at them and instantly fell in love with them AND the price tag. S$89 bucks for an imac!! I couldn't believe my eyes. However one of them was priced slightly higher at S$185. Audrey said it could be because it was higher specced and I think she's right. Although how much higher specced I don't know. Oh man. I am really in love with those computers. Just look at their sleek designs, funky colors and all-in-one design. Apple really produced something short of a miracle in their G3s.

I'm really tempted to buy one of those. I don't mind parting with S$89 bucks (all right, I don't think Dad does, anyway) to own a piece of technology has shaped the way the computing world has looked at desktop pieces. It already has made its way to CNet's (or some IT website) list of the "100 Most Influential Products". Who has any advice for me?

No comments: