Wednesday, November 15, 2006

fun stuff

Gotta tell you guys the most exciting thing today man. I changed my GUI from XP to Vista's. Now how cool is that? Means now my laptop has the look of Windows Vista and frankly, it isn't disappointing at all. Point your browser to www.windowsxlive.net and download the package from there, install and voila. It really can make people think you've changed to Vista because this gizmo TOTALLY changes your interface to look like the much-vaunted Aero interface Vista uses. Freaking cool. See through windows and all. Even my startup graphics display Windows Vista Ultimate, instead of Windows XP Pro. You know the little window that pops when you boot up, that says "Windows is starting up", then with the stylized Windows XP above it? Well, mine shows Windows Vista Ultimate now, the name of a real version of Vista. Cool man. BUT BE WARNED. This program changes your whole GUI so system instability may occur. It didn't mine though, so I'm really happy.

Saw the so-called fake ang moh guy who goes around begging for money. I couldn't tell whether he was a phoney or not because I wasn't really looking. I was at MOS Burger at Plaza Singapura today, doing maths when suddenly he came in. He handed what looked like two plastic-laminated cards, each the size of a credit card, to several people. I presume they had things written on them like "Please help me. I'm deaf, mute, dumb or all three depending on how much money you can part with". He stayed back for a while to see whether any of the 3 people he handed the cards to would donate. None did. He then silently (of course) walked back and collected the cards. I think someone should investigate to see whether he's for real. I don't mind giving some cash to a poor soul with disabilities, but if he's not for real, sorry dude. Not a cent.

Paper today was superbly nicely half done, if you get my drift. Only half elated that I can actually pass well. Tomorrow's and the next day's papers are kinda scary though. Math and Structured Programming. After that it's kinda freedom for me but I'm not resting up. Got my performance to take care of.

German class was great today. Saw Katrin, my previous teacher. She was looking absolutely gorgeous. Then my temperature rose. I think the air-con suddenly broke down at that moment. Hot. Yep.

Haven't spoken to Jo in a long while. CAN YOU PLEASE CALL, WOMAN. Stop hibernating.


Song of the week: Love Walks In - Van Halen

No comments: