Thursday, November 16, 2006

excellent

MY hand just automatically came up and snapped this shot
of this really hot showbabe. The car's only a damned Cefiro. Sorry,
hormones ran astray.
Bert's gonna like this. Possibly the hottest car there: the Lambo Murcielago LP640. A monster machine indeed. Monster price tag too.


Well for mere mortals like us, the likes of the Mazda MX-5, RX-8, Honda NSX and what-not are suitably within reach. That's for all you boy racers out there. I guess I lose on bragging rights this motorshow because the German giants BMW, Audi and the three-pointed star weren't there. Euro motoring was there in spirit, though (I believe). It was fun while it lasted. Was there with Johnathan and at long last, Jerold. Haven't seen him for so long. Ended up playing X-Box 360 after a mere half an hour. I guess the sirens' song of Gears of War and Project Gotham Racing 2 was too tempting. And I'll have to use some vulgarity here: the visuals were fan-fucking-tastic. There's no other phrase descriptive enough.

Speaking of visuals, the motorshow babes were wonderful in their own right too. Some were so hot they could make even the coldest, most detached man sweat. Some others were, as Jerold so succinctly put it, "Like as if Borneo Motors was running on a tight budget." (Toyota take note: motorshow babes are supposed to be young, fleshy and curvy. NOT old, fleshy and curvy. There's a distinction.)

Plenty of variety to whet one's appetite for vehicular ogling. Generally the vehicles displayed were mostly your run-of-the-mill family mover or 4 door saloon. Like hey, all right, this is just the Singapore Motorshow. Not exactly the Farnborough of motorshows. Having said that, I think Geely took that one step too far. The Chinese marque has just introduced their range of vehicles into Singapore. And I for one, think they are a terrible buy. The MX's doors, for instance, close with a hollow resonance, and Jerold and I also heard the steel door rattle a bit. Not good. The cabin's plastics were also built down to a price, with stray slivers of plastic appearing on the sills of the driver's door map pocket. Not good. I agree with Johnathan that the cabin looks outdated too. It doesn't have style and looks about as refreshing as a dirty swimming pool. Again, dashboard plastics are hollow and thin as cardboard. Its 16V, DOHC engine is mated to a 4 speed tranny, allowing the thinly-disguised rickshaw to hit 150km/h. How it can even stay together at 80km/h, I wonder. Even though it's cheap and (all right, I relent) relatively economical, it just doesn't add up. Brands like Skoda, Fiat and even Kia offer so much better motoring quality at a comparative level. Cheap pricing is not a virtue if the entire package is compromised.

Enough of cars. Test today was pretty all right, though confidence is on the low side. GEMS tomorrow, hope I can stay awake. Organ hasn't been practiced yet (what's new?). Made Audrey her card, which I think took me close to 3-4 hours. Just for colouring. I'm pretty pleased with myself because I think I did a rather neat job. Still haven't apologized to my pens though.



No comments: