Friday, November 03, 2006

all in a week's work

Just finished watching Michael Moore's documentary Fahrenheit 9/11. It is an extremely gripping film about the Bush Administration. Rephrase. It is about Moore's take on the Bush Admin's stance on the war on terror. Basically the film touches mostly on the pre- and post-911 facades - if I may - of the White House. It really hits you hard when you realise that so many men and women are being sent out to fight a war that is not theirs, to fight for a policy that is not theirs, and to ultimately die in a country that is not theirs. After watching this film, you cannot help but wonder: what exactly is The Most Powerful Man On Earth doing? It is not the American people who want to fight this war. It by the misguided ideals of the men and women in power in their country who send them out to fight: so that they don't have to. However, I still revere America. It is still the home of the American Dream: To work hard, earn money, build your life, and one day come out on top. It is still the country of hopes and dreams. It is a country where the ideals of peace and freedom are still held dear, and it is also a country where people can freely express themselves. Try doing a kind of film like that on the PAP in Singapore. You'd probably have the IAD knocking on, no, DOWN, your front door the next day.

I apologise for the wrong heading in my previous entry. I kept thinking yesterday was a Friday.

I guess my love for cars and all things automotive is taking a huge turn. Yesterday night, I spent a grand total of 3 hours surfing the net and bookmarking all the pages that had useful information for me. See, what I intend to do is self-teach myself the entire workings of a car engine. And it's not that difficult, really. I'm beginning to understand what things like a crankshaft, transmission, cam, valve, do. Granted I haven't learned them all in detail yet, but I think I'm getting there. It is really interesting to see the bits work together as a whole, fully functioning engine and spit things out like torque, power, etc. Hey, I could be your mechanic one day ;).

Audrey likes to bite me. Rephrase. Audrey bit me twice today. And I have the battle scars to prove it. Two red circles, each probably the size of a one-dollar coin lie grinning up at me from my right arm right as I type this. They should go away tomorrow (I think) or I'll have some serious explanation to do.

"Right mum, the dog bit me again. Twice."
"Say what? Since when did his teeth become the size of peanuts?"
"No see, it was my friend's dog, and I was..."

You get the picture.

No comments: