Saturday, November 10, 2007

Work rocks on a Friday

So Calendars test was fine and I got through it in one piece. I got a donut from Audrey and a rainy day at work. Bear in mind that I'm typing this at 0019 so my thoughts may be a bit manic and very straightfoward. It's me at my best.

Work was fine today till something happened. Something that stunned me speechless. And those who know me well know that I can't shut up easily.

Let's first start off with the usual disclaimer that this entry in no way demeans or decries Section 377A of the 11th chapter of verse 15...whatever.

We were changing shifts at work, right, when the next person comes in. Now I've been wanting to talk about this person for a long time. Imagine a man. Now imagine a girly man. Now imagine a woman. Now imagine a girly man trying to be a woman. Now imagine that man actually SUCCEEDING in being a woman. Truth be told I absolutely cannot be certain whether he or she is male or female or both. No Adam's apple but has boobs, no bulge in pants but has womanly behaviour. Right. So anyway, he/she comes in, soaking wet cos it's raining outside and he/she isn't wearing a bra. No further elaboration needed, and that's just the start.

So me and the Indian girl are done with the cashiering duties and the Hemale (let's not make it too obvious, shall we) is standing around, looking kooky and generally being a nuisance, which is forever the case. We're done and all 3 of us step outside for a puff and some beer. Naturally I partook in none of those vices, just minding my own business and tapping away on my Palm, being very businesslike indeed. We shoot the shit for awhile and we're off, the Indian girl and I. We chat for a bit cos we're headed in the same direction and we suddenly realise we've forgotten to count the cigarette packets, as is the practice. So I volunteer and go back to the store in the rain.

Stepping in, the Hemale calls out to me and asks Hey what u doing? I reply with a friendly "Oh nothing, just forgot to count the cig packs. But I'll be done in no time."

Hemale: "Cannot leh, my shift already. I have to fill it in. "
Me: "Oh then you help me la, ha ha."
Hemale: " Cannot la, you must treat me"
(at this point I'm already in the office in the backroom)
Me: "So what kind of treat you want?"
(thinking back I should NEVER EVER have said that, and I was getting very jumpy at this time)
Hemale (with seriously creepily sexy voice): "I dunno leh. What you want to treat me?"
Me: "Ha ha I also dunno man."
Hemale: "You show me what you have la."

Uh OK, I'm a very open and understanding person and I understand that you have the sudden urge for hardcore gay sex or to see my private appendages, and I also understand that I want to get the fuck out of there as fast as humanly possible. I mean, Jesus, Mary and Joseph, standing in the office face to face with a braless tranny and being asked whether I wanted to show it off isn't my idea of fun. So naturally I mumbled some rubbish and hightailed it out of there as fast as my legs would allow.

Just came home all shaking and shivering. And it's not due to the the cold rain.

No comments: