Friday, January 13, 2006

Orientation

Cat High orientation today, and all the CLTs went back. Great to be back after so long. The school has changed slightly, like the dug-up field and tennis court. God knows why the tennis court has such midget walls. Does that genius of a principal realise that balls - especially tennis balls - bounce? Oh I'm sorry, he doesn't have balls, so he doesn't understand. So sorry.

First time as an officer was tough. Kept thinking I was an NCO, walking here and there. The only bad thing about being an officer is that you HAVE to sit back and shake leg, which I don't fancy. I think I was probably the most active officer there, talking and talking and talking. Some of the cadets have much to learn in terms of people skills. They need to to be more open and receptive. Never mind, we'll teach them. All in good time. I still have to get used to people calling me Sir. Usually it's 'senior' or 'Staff', now it's 'Sir'. Just got presidential status if you didn't realise.

Came home and ate. Amy scared the shit out of me by calling right when my mum was beside me. Had to run upstairs and talk, forsaking my precious soup. Never mind. Like talking to her. She's great =D.

Now feeling feverish. Just took two panadol, feel like sleeping soon. Tomorrow's back to Mos to work, starting at 2300. God what a timing. It's the graveyard shift.

I usually feel like a corpse after that.

No comments: