Sunday, January 15, 2006

Just another working day

I smell like a fry.

A french fry, to be exact.

Every part of me.

Literally, from head to toe.

Oil stains my clothes from top to bottom.

And I almost slipped n fell in the kitchen of Mos.

Yes, thanks to me.

I was helping this guy unscrew the hose of the oil-extractor. For your info, that little widget is basically a huge steel tub with a pump attached to it. Attached to the pump is a meter-long hose, which is shaped like one of those you see at the petrol station pumps. At the end of every work day, you're supposed to filter the oil using some highly specialized technique, top secret only to those in the business. I was helping unscrew the hose for washing, completely forgetting that there was residual oil left in the hose, and that you had to upend the two ends of the hose to prevent it from spilling out. I forgot.

The next thing I knew, I had turned the washing area into an ice skating rink. Only thing was, there were no skates, only shoes.

I think the guy whom I was learning from was cursing under his breath. I didn't hear him clearly, but could possibly be something along the lines of "this goddamn rookie, I'll........". To which I can only reply hey man it's only the second day of work for me. Tomorrow - or today, rather - will be my third. By the way, today I took more notice of the only girl in the store. Pretty enough, though I won't get more interested in her than what I am now. For one thing, she's the squeaky kind who goes all bimbotic on, guess who, the manager. But she does her job well too. Efficient worker.

Made friends with the auntie who does closing with me. Almost told me her entire life story in the grand space of ten minutes. We were chatting in the lobby, waiting for the manager and another guy to finish up. Then she was telling me all sorts of things. The really interesting one was, there was apparently a fight yesterday, 13th Jan, outside the store. This beng was walking his bimboesque girl when somehow somehow they got into a fight with 2 more gals. He was cheating on the gal he was walking, it seemed. So in the end it came to blows, with the gals getting in their fare share of uppercuts and hooks. Scolded the guy something like "pian char bo", or "girl-bluffer", however you want to translate it. The boxers took their leave when 5 patrol cars popped by to say hello. Bundled them all into the cars. MAN I should have been there to see it. Pity the guy to get hit by a girl. Moron.

Amy went to Chinatown today to get her clothes. Dammit. I'm so envious can. I don't think I'll be getting any new clothes this year. Maybe my uniform counts? Asked her to get me some Victoria's Secret stuff but I'm not sure if they have my size. Thanks anyway =D

I really need to get more jobs, or I'll be living on hopes and dreams. I don't think my paycheck will even reach eighty. I'll be lucky to get seventy I tell you.

No comments: