Monday, April 07, 2008

April 6th, 1989

Yep, I'm nineteen. 19. Neunzehn jahr alt. Last teen year.

I feel so old. 

*     *     *

First off, a really, really sincere and huge THANK YOU to people who have wished me a happy 19th birthday. In absolutely no order of merit:


1. My entire family, Taylor included. The lunch was great :)
2. Gilbert, Jerold and Patrick, the 3 closest guys I'll ever get to know
3. Amy, my best friend for forever
4. Audrey and Yiming, my best friends from poly
5. Michael Cheng/Richard, the guy with the best audio gear
6. Bernard Leong, Web 2.0 advisor extraordinaire
7. Tulip a.k.a. Flower Power, my one-stop source for manga/anime knowledge
8. Joyce, my favourite phone companion and nicest person in the world
9. Lina, She-Who-Does-Backhands-Like-The-Back-Of-Her-Hand
10. Hui Mei, She-Who-Sells-Clothes-Via-My-Blog-(Only)

If I've missed you out, that was by pure accident and I thank you for allowing me to experience one of the best birthdays I've had in recent years. For the past 2 years my birthday celebrations have been a bit crap. Several factors were to blame, no doubt, but I'm 19 now and that's all that matters. One year left to leaving the teen fraternity and couple more to the inability to be absolved of crimes committed, not that I plan on performing any. As Tulip mentioned: one year older, one year wiser.

Met Amy in the morning where she treated me to a breakfast of McGriddles. No idea what they were made of but damn were they good. Got 2 t-shirts that her mum bought for me (awesome stuff) which I intend to wear to make myself look more 19. She couldn't go out because her mum wouldn't let her and she had things to do. It's okay, there's always later in the week :) Lunch with my family was fantastic at Melt - The World Cafe. Standard fare there was most scrumptious, as per their usual high standards and I stuffed myself so full a python would have been nervous. Went to meet Audrey and Yiming for their dinner treat at PS some time later and it was just a most enjoyable outing with just us 3 having fun together. We've grown much closer of late, which is no bad thing at all. I definitely want it to last. They presented me with this photo frame which contained a shot of 3 of us together taken at dinner some time back. Awesome.

Today has been the most enjoyable and indeed deeply moving birthday I've ever had. It also is the first time my friends have actually arranged something for me, a meal of some sort. Even though it wasn't anything elaborate, I don't think I would have missed it for the world/Bahrain Grand Prix, which is about the same thing. It was just such fun. 

On a more sombre note about the Bahrain Grand Prix, I've just learned that Lewis Hamilton scored a miserable 13th place to put the Englishman 5 points behind Raikkonen in the drivers' championship scoring, after a bad start and a collision with a certain Fernando Alonso. Robert Kubica, though on pole for qualifying, took home a very respectable 3rd place, with Kimi on 2nd and Massa rounding off the top. An apparently good race from Massa who did well to open up a good lead from Kimi early on. Seems like the BMWs are troubling both Ferrari and McLaren this season. 


Super tired and a super long day tomorrow. Gonna sleep happy today though.

No comments: