Sunday, January 13, 2008

What I should be thinking about now

Right now, I should be thinking how to complete this CA project of mine. But obviously I'm not because you're reading this post. That's procrastination for you.

Last night's work was nothing short of ordinary bar a few incidences that sparked up the otherwise gloomy atmosphere a wee bit. Not least of all was the woman who lay on the road outside the store for close to an hour and who scared a bunch of ah bengs - yeah that's right - into running into the shop thinking she was some kind of ghost.

"Eh wo men nah umbrella lai poke ta yi sia"
"wah chee bye shi gui lor!"
"mei you la shi pontianak lai de...chee bye"
"eh wo men chu qu la"
"bu yao la later chee bye ta wake up ken wo men..si liao"
"wah lau chee bye lor"
"eh wo men mai condom la"
"chee bye la ni"

Mind you I've never heard so much eloquence at 2am in the morning.

Just between you and I, I think I ate so much I nearly ate my day's salary's worth in just one night. Two cups of soup, few hundred sweets (more like 20 la, just exaggerating), 10 cups of Coke and/or Sprite and/or iced lemon tea pretty much kept me company from 11pm to 7am the next day. You gotta survive man, you gotta survive.

Besides that it was a constant struggle to keep my eyes open till 0630 when I was all primed and ready for shift change. Pretty smooth transition, except for the Hemale calling at 6am and shocking the hell out of me. "Just wanted to check how you were doing" (in sweet saccharine voice. "How you know it was me?" -rolls eyes DUH OF COURSE LA WHO ELSE HAS THAT VOICE.









How long before I get in?
Before it starts, before I begin?
How long before you decide?
Before I know what it feels like?
Where To, where do I go?
If you never try, then you'll never know.
How long do I have to climb,
Up on the side of this mountain of mine?




I don't know how long I have to climb. A constant reminder of my uphill battle.

No comments: