Friday, January 18, 2008

Soldiers of the Wasteland

As the song title goes I'm quite happy to have been introduced to DragonForce. Yes that's another power metal band with enough twin guitar solos and riffs to make Jimi Hendrix look like Bill Gates playing Guitar Hero. Interestingly DF add in computer-game sounds into their music. Take for example their hit song Through the Fire and Flames - it's got a hint of Pac-Man dee-dee-do-dee-do right before the twin guitar solo, courtesy again of Herman Li and Sam Totman. That's their signature addition. And oh by the way it could be me, but their choruses always sound so cheerful and melodic. That's right, cheerful. From a power metal band. Strange innit? You should see how Herman Li looks like man - go Wiki him. Doesn't he look strange or what.

Second post in a day, guess I'm bored out of my pores. I need to go study later, haven't completed my chapter of CA which I wanted to. Thank goodness I'm not rostered for work tonight or I'll never get any studying done. It's strange now how I really do want to study unlike some other people who can't answer simple questions during an interview. Yes you I'm talking about you, you half-wit. Think I didn't overhear the lecturer asking you questions and you just gaping there like a goldfish out of water? Obviously you didn't do even an infinitesimal bit of the project and probably left the equations to some poor soul to do. Seriously now, I haven't any idea what anyone sees in you. Well, those bothered enough to talk to you anyway. I'm thoroughly disgusted with your wanton and insouciant ways. You screwed that test up and instead of blaming yourself, you took it out on a friend of yours who at least was contrite enough to offer some conciliatory words. But oh no, you told him so eloquently to fuck off and not talk to you again. Sounds exactly what you did to me too, as I so fondly recall. It's a miracle that's he's still talking to you now. If I were him, I'd seriously tell you to do something to yourself which requires some actual physical, if not voluntary, penetrative action to your physiological being.


In other words, go fuck yourself.


2 comments:

Renhao said...

Oh power metal's almost always cheerful. Why else do you think they can go so fast? Too much energy.

But black metal also go very fast. That one is dark energy. Not healthy.

Also with power metal, the cheese factor goes off the scales. Rhapsody has enough cheese to glue an elephant to the ground.

the other person said...

LOL yeah I read up rhapsody. turns out they're a regular mozzarella. yeah black metal is not good for the health. too damn fast and too much damn screaming. I think i'm beginning to like power metal haha. I mean come on, where else can you get cheerful, computer-game-infused music?