Wednesday, October 25, 2006

today's thoughts

Rehearsals are killing me. I'm supposed to be studying but it's kinda hard to make that target. Somebody help me.

Still, I've worried that I'll be booted out of the male fraternity after my Friday act. I think I'll just bury myself in the ground.

Went out with Audrey, Yiming, Wai Siong to VivoCity today. Pretty damned big, I don't think we could finish walking it. Bought some Hotwheels at Toys R Us. Ford Mustang and 70's Chevelle. Absolute sexy bastards. I want some of those for my real cars.

Sometimes, I wonder why parents have children. They sometimes don't seem to care, or are oblivious to the face that young children need lots - and I mean LOTS - of attention. Today, I was on the bus when I saw something that made me cringe. Two mothers were sitting on one seat, and one of their daughters, a young'un, was sitting on a seat in front of them. The two were talking, and the young girl was trying - desperately, in vain, whatever - to show her mother something that interested her on the cover of her magazine. And the stupid mother just gave her a glance and continued chatting with her friend. This happened twice.

Tell me, all you fellas. If you were interested in the colourful toy on the cover of a magazine and the only person you could tell it to was your mummy, would you want her to listen to you? Would you want her to smile and talk with you about it? To engage your mummy in a conversation that you would enjoy? Too bad this mother doesn't know crap about parenting.

I swear my kids will never have this kind of treatment. Beware, my future wife. Don't you dare treat my kids like that either.

No comments: