Friday, July 21, 2006

the week(end)

probably the most fitting way to sum up a terrible week is to end it the same way


yup. terribly.


supposed to complete the autocad assignment for my group today. thought my autocad's license would have lasted me till now. guess what. it didn't. and i only can use autocad offline when i have a license. so now my project is half done, and i just sent it off to my lecturer. i'm halfway between a major screwing and death.


now that's a fitting way to end your week.


talked to my electone teacher today. told her i was hunting around for a new electone. she recommended me the, yep, you guessed it, the 20k Electone Stagea. all brand spanking new. but hell. it's 20k, it's practically unaffordable. maybe i'll get its kid brother.


someone gave me an absolutely wonderful gift today. it was an empty, classic coke bottle with a world cup motif on it, with the Germany flag. it was from the France 98 era. i shan't name this person because complications might arise, but yup, you know who you are :) . part apology for the missed lunch treat today, part an apology on behalf of a friend. it was given to me during IDEA class. totally out of the blue. i thought that friend wanted to drink water, so put a bottle on the table. only then did i notice it was glass..and: who brings glass bottles to school? but it turned out to be my gift. and boy did i sit stunned for a minute. no one friend has ever given me a gift like this, and so exactingly suited to my desire for Germany's world cup win. i felt quite uneasy accepting it initially, but since the explanation was that there were actually two in my friend's possession, i gratefully (i mean it) accepted it. it's gonna sit on my shelf where it's safe i can look at it every day. take it as a token of friendship ;)


joanne called again today. just when i was crossing the road. jaywalking actually, but what the hey. she always so happens to call at this time. some mysterious force at work here. any explanations, singtel, hmm? we talked (duh) while i bought food from the hawker centre. i find it kind of nice that she calls me sometimes when she has a break. it's kinda cool. yeah, maybe i should start calling her sometime too. her phone bill's probably shot to Mars and back, and it ain't fair that i'm not the one doing the calling. and poor thing, she's sick again. flu and all. i'll probably remind her that a nurse can't be sick all the time


something just happened on msn between me and another classmate, but i care not to mention it. that will just make me hit the computer screen. told some fellas about it, and they told me to cool it down some. but what Isam told me really hit me. he had some advice for me. one sentence he said: "be someone who can control temper, and not someone who is controlled by temper". man is that meaningful or what? that's some real solid advice for you. i kinda respect him, he being older than us all. and he's a cool guy. and his advice for me really made me cool down. tell me, how often does a friend advise you, and that advice really truly makes sense to you? that just happened to me. you the man, Isam.


tomorrow's PTM. i'm so dead.



No comments: