Thursday, July 13, 2006

revelations

perhaps it was a day that ended on a high note, which makes it worthy of blogging.


i have decided to dedicate a portion of time in the evenings for blogging. in the event my post doesn't appear, then i sincerely apologize and plead your understanding, for i need sleep as you do.

it was a day of major shocks i guess. joanne tan texted me again, just before lunch. it was a surprise really. but it was a nice surprise, a pleasant one, even. i haven't heard from her in more than 6 months ever since we had the falling out, but that's a story for another time. it was, in a word, surreal, to read her words that i haven't read for so long a time. but it was all there. the nuances in text, the subtle irregularities peppering the syntax, things that felt so familiar and warm to me just a few months back, now seemed miles away. but i still remembered her, remembered the things we used to do. i guess there's still a soul left inside of me. after class, she called me. totally unexpectedly. i thought it was someone else. i never expected that a name which i had not seen for so long suddenly appear on my phone screen.

and i was apprehensive.

but i picked it up anyway, and we had a long talk. 21 minutes, according to the counter on my phone. the conversation brought back very real, very painful memories from the past. though the call was taken in a new environment, new mindset, new phone, it was all still there, albeit briefly. guess my decision to move on really did work. we're planning to meet sometime soon actually, but that will have to be seen. i'm somewhere in between surprised and glad that she has made this move. perhaps i might even consider a reconciliation. but how do you reconcile with someone who has let you down on so many occasions in the past? whom you have done so much for but got close to nothing in return? only time will tell me.


i'm probably getting soppy from the song i'm listening to now. it's photo by ryan cabrera. if you guys want it you could ask me for it.


second, was that audrey texted me to apologize for saying that i brought bad luck wherever and whenever i was near somewhere. anyone would have been offended by that statement, as did i. but i didn't bear a grudge, though i sure was very sore about it. but a simple message from her did the trick. she apologized, and we're all in the clear now. let's not rattle on about details here. it's not nice.


by now you'd be probably wondering why my blog entries consist mainly of female characters. however i assure you that me being a ladies' man is far, far from the truth. it's maybe they affect me in more ways than one than i care to mention.

had the usual post-lesson siesta of battlefield 2 with yiming and his friend wai siong. standard thing. every thursday we'll hop down to block T16 and have a good ole time shooting each other down in helos, planes, jeeps, tanks, or all four. it's really fun, and i've made a new friend this way. though i need a new version of BF2 to keep me occupied. i've worn the current version in my computer thin with so many sessions.

No comments: