Friday, July 27, 2007

Freaky (ok, not really) Friday

Driving theory lessons tonight, thank goodness I'm back on track! I've still yet to ask that question, dunno when I might get around to plucking up my courage and asking that. Shouldn't be difficult, I think :)

I'm still wondering why did I do what I did. Maybe it's for the better, as I'm learned some interesting new facts about this all. Just might be for my benefit.

Stick around, boy. Don't give up.

Oh well, interesting paragraphs coming up, do read on.

Note: the following entry has nothing to do with anyone whom I've talked to recently. So if you're a close classmate of mine, an old friend I've kept, an acquaintance I've recently met or my best friend Amy, you're safe.

I've been reading up and hearing several tidbits of information on my...counterparts, recently, and I do not like what I hear. It's obviously no business of mine to go poking my nose into affairs of others, but the Internet is a free place, isn't it? Works both ways for us all. A response is virtually mandatory if one's opinion is questioned, albeit in a veiled manner. So stick this.

Is that what you think we are? Sarcastic and childish? I daresay we have all the right to laugh in your face, which hitherto has obviously many a source of irritation for us, and will remain so.

You lay claim to the self-proclaimed belief that you have all the right to relinquish your duties to others so that - I quote - you can "spend more time with your ____". In truth, you are absolutely correct. But in this context, you are sadly mistaken, not mention deluded. Priorities have to be made, schedules redrawn, no doubt, but this isn't the way things should be done. YOU, have gotten your priorities all wrong. Even when told of the importance of at least your presence, you reply stolidly with a "yes", giving me faith in my heart. But what happens a week later? Something happened which is called Nothing. But this is all in the past, so I shall move on to more pertinent matters.

Desertion of a friend is the last thing we like, but who can blame them if you are such a cock? (Sorry, I ran out of adjectives there). I can't, ever since that last episode with your utter and blatant disregard for others. You have not caused annoyance as you have anger, but I reckon that's what many are feeling towards you right now. I'm being deliberately vague here, for if I were to spell everything out, you'd know. Not that I really care what you'd think of me if you knew it was you, but at least I'm trying to preserve your anonymity.

Vague descriptions aside, I'm really not surprised if you perceive this group of people as flippantly ignorant and uncaring. From where I sit (and I've sat here a long time), I've observed that you've mostly been a shallow person, obsessed with material things, looks and the like. How can people respect you if they realize - after awhile - that they're also not being respected by you? When people talk to you, they would like to have a modicum of respect, a measure of reassuredness that whatever they say may be taken seriously. Do you make people feel that way? Or have material things which are so omnipresent around you replaced the irreplaceable - the freshness of human interaction?

At the risk of soundly cordial or even friendly, I'm going to impart a piece of knowledge to you. Where we both are now - this place, this environment - people generally don't give a damn about what you feel. People here do not care. This is a place where people are less genial, less warm, less forthcoming. They are here for a reason and they are going to finish what they came for, whatever the stakes. For your sake, I do hope you understand this.

The world waits for no one. You make your path, and I make mine.

No comments: