Thursday, June 05, 2008

Camps...zipped and over


Finally...finally

All my camps are....wait for it...OVER!


Not to say that I'm enjoying the fact that they are over. I really relished them while I could and wish I could relive them over again. But ah well that's why the saying "All good things come to an end" exists. So that's what you get. And do pardon the disjointed and perhaps even meaningless sentences that I may sporadically eke out during this long essay that I'm about to write.

Aviation. Not a word you'd associate with camps but we did have one and it was pretty spectacular. Not to say that we didn't have our fair share of major and minor fuck ups but overall I think we performed pretty well for planning a major camp for the first time. I hope no one feels badly toward the camp because plenty of people did put in Herculean effort to make everything come true, so here's a huge JOB WELL DONE to everyone who made it possible. Especially to Edwin, Lina, Wai Siong, YM - you people were nothing short of brilliant. No matter what you say, you people made the camp run. Not exactly like clockwork, but something like that.

As for me, bah. I think that although I did my best to contribute, somehow that didn't seem enough to me. I'm not calling for a second chance but somehow it seemed that even though I was part of the camp committee, my position was diminished for whatever reason. Not exactly sure where I went wrong, ehh but well, could have been worse!


SP JCC camp! Now it was my turn to have fun. We made camp at 1230 on Monday, which was just one day after Aviation Camp. I think at most I had slept just 8 hours - should have been more, like 10 I think. Met up with Audrey first where we had lunch, then after some admin work the group came together and I met my new, eh clubmates for the first time. No surprise that I was the only year 3 there. God, did that make me feel old.

During the camp, we had to come up with a cheer plus a flag. Not going into the boring details of how we made both, but I will say that it was strange that we thought both of ours was going to be worse off than the rest, but which in reality was totally different. Our flag in fact looked better than the rest and skit - even though it was totally last minute, stole the show and got 2nd place.

We had an encore.

4 encores to be precise. We would have honoured the 4th if I hadn't run out of lyrics to chant about, my bad. But whatever it is, Ding Liang, Jack (spam material and cannon fodder, lol!), Kin Phang, Wei Sheng, Sheng Yang, Jing Xiu, Yvonne, Meiying, Zachary and not to mention our fantastic facilitator Audrey (promotion, cough) were simply brilliant and made the skit a true success in every sense of the word.

I could not have been in a better group.




No comments: