Sunday, September 23, 2007

My first clubbing experience!

Title kinda gives it all away doesn't it ;). Even now as I'm writing this, my poor heart's pounding away, thanks to two shots of vodka - mine and half of Yiming's. But more of that later.

I had to wake up at some ungodly hour to pass Amy her printout, which I spent an hour on and had caught absolutely no kip in the process - I'm right now running on only 3 hours' worth of sleep. My printer f-ed up and printed her pictures all out in some eerie shade of purple and black, as though someone had liberally sprayed blueberry juice all over the images. Obviously it didn't turn out well, so her friend - also one of her group members - got it printed properly. So much for my noble deed and a sleepless night :(

Went for Tech65's weekly Geek Terminal podcast and vidcasts afterward. I didn't pipe up much during this episode, due to the rotten fact that I couldn't manage to come up with a single coherent idea about nearly all that was being discussed. Jerrick suggested that since I was the resident car geek I should sometimes 'accidentally' butt into the podcast, rambling on about some new car and making the others try to shut me up. It would make for a good break in the podcast, possibly allowing for a shift in focus in the middle of it if needed. We did a total of 4 vids today, and I admit that I did steal some ideas when I spoke on camera from James May on Top Gear. He's extremely laconic and laid-back in his comments, which I just adore. As for Clarkson, well, he's just God. It is hard sometimes, though, to imitate his style. Richard Hammond's just absolutely infectious. I do take after one or the other's speaking style sometimes if I do a piece to camera on Tech65, but I've yet to learn how to make it not sound too scripted.

Lunched with best after that with her friend Zhe Xuan. She wanted to eat at KFC but contradictorily ordered nothing when we were there. How health conscious of her. Went to eat ice kachang and tao suan for dessert after that. Oh yeah and I passed her my big assed card too. Too bad we didn't do any catching up. I would have loved to some of that before I started school, but now there's always the phone and internet.

Ah now here's the fun part. Yiming and Audrey met me for dinner, and then he and I went for the RSAF seminar after. We each got a complimentary Zouk ticket for attending, as did the rest. They were giving out Coffee Bean vouchers too which we wanted, but in hindsight I think having the Zouk tickets was far more exciting than having the Coffee Bean ones.

We headed to Zouk after the seminar, which was a recruitment drive aimed at getting more young 'uns to join as senior technicians or any other such vocations.

Initially, we debated whether to go in and whether it was a smarter idea to sell the tickets to our clubbing friends for a tidy sum. But perhaps either due to my highly infectious enthusiasm for 'trying it out' or the fact that it would be our first clubbing experience, we just whipped out our complimentary cards and went for it.

And what an experience it was.

First thing was the music. It was just booming. Zouk didn't have any guest DJ spinning that night so the dance floor was quite empty. We walked around, got used to the dizzying music and ambience and then popped into Phuture for a peek. It was rubbish. The music was just ghetto and too many people were milling about there - artsy types with their girlfriends, beng types with their girlfriends and guys who just wanted a drink. It was a bit chaotic, if you ask me. We headed back to Zouk to grab a drink and sit down and chat. I got meself a vodka orange and he a vodka lime. Bear in mind, fellas, that this was the first time we two had actually done anything like this and were feeling quite high, if you'd pardon the rubbish choice of drinks. We clinked glasses to our new school term, our first clubbing experience and our first drinks - well, for him at least. Ambled around, shot a couple of photos for memories and headed out. We didn't dare stay too long for fear that the buses would all be gone by the time we came out. But bloody hell, what an experience.

It won't be my last ;)

No comments: