Saturday, September 08, 2007

Geek Terminal Epi 38 + outing with bestest

Yes finally namecards for all! Tech65 has officially gotten our namecards, in no small part thanks to Fari. Podcast Episode 38 at Geek Terminal went smoothly as usual, with me mostly in the background just mming and aahing. I'm quite useless at podcasts sometimes. I think for the upcoming ones I really have to buck up and read ahead on the topics that are going to be discussed. I haven't been doing much of that of late and that's having quite an effect on what I say - or none at all. Again, it could be that I didn't have my breakfast, hence no blood flow to my already tiny brain. Jerrick had to leave at 11, and we had so many problems with linking up with Kevin Lim over in Buffalo NY that when NTT showed up we were 'whoa crap we're REALLY late'. We finally managed to link up with him via iChat on Jerrick's laptop, and tele-ed with him. I was doing the videotaping but I think that was in rather poor fashion, what with my deeply amateurish skills and rubbish handling. Best I could do at the moment to not appear like a complete twat in front of the others. I sure hope I don't become a liability in the future, cos these guys are great and I have no wish to see myself dragging them down in any way. Cross fingers really.

Ah yes on to the juicy parts about my outing with Best.

As usual she came dressed all in her YJ splendor. I seem to recall asking her where she got her dashing tee from and she replied rather stupidly - I quote - from "YJ. Cannot get anywhere else one." Rubbish, woman. That tshirt's worth about as much as my dog's poo and about as attractive. 'Nuff said.

I wanted for us to go to The Rice Table at Food Lane beside Centerpoint but those idiots had their last order already and I was practically fuming. Not the best of eateries but I guess it was ok la. I had staked it out about a half hour before I met Best and they still were serving. Crap.

Disappointed, we wandered aimlessly around a bit before an idea hit me. See, my previous German class classmate had treated me and another classmate to this smacklicious ramen place before next to Meridian and I thought it would be excellent for us to try that place out. That place is Ken Ramen btw, I'm sure many would know where's that. They serve - and still serve - one of the most delectable ramens I have ever tasted. And I have been eating ramen for some time now.

We ordered side dishes, or attempted to, but that was rubbish because they had run out of gyozas and fried chicken so we had to resort to char siew. Idiotically enough both our 12 buck bowls of ramen had char siew in them too, enough for both of us to grow pig ears and start flapping. Sorry bad image. Anyway we finished in record time, as I so aptly told Best: we ate at approximately Mach 2, so fast that I couldn't hear the last noodle slurp until 2 minutes after it was eaten. That woman complained to no end about getting fat etc etc so in my usual spirit of friendship I told her to stuff it and just eat. She surprised me with a card she had made. Now it's not that I'm indifferent, but I really haven't been making her cards as much as she has me, so I promised her one the next time we met.

I think I'll remember.

Headed off to Far East Praza after that to eat Han's (again) and to look for some tees she fancied. Again Best ordered those two pies - blueberry and whazzat, apple? - and I bought tiramisu and curry puff. Jalan-ed a bit afterward to Hyatt for the toilet and then back home. Obviously there's more to it than all this la but I've left out some parts to maintain privacy =P excuse me.

A day out with Best is always something quite refreshing and a proper respite from the daily grind - not that holidays are much stress. She's someone I truly feel comfortable with and whom I can talk to with a carefree attitude. Kinda like an old pal, really. It's so neat to have someone like that around. She's my best and I'll do anything for her. All her future boyfriends beware - y'all have to come through my screening test first.

No comments: