Saturday, August 25, 2007

Randomity and my addiction

Finally, finally, finally.

It's the 24th of August and a holiday. Ok 25th, by the time I've finished with this entry. But it's all irrelevant.

Remember, remember, the 23rd of August, the stress, tribulations and many a test. I see no reason why the stress, tribulations and tests should ever be laid to rest.

Uh ok tried to mimic V for Vendetta's tag line but failing spectacularly. Point is, the exams are ________ (insert favourite demolition word here)! Happy as a bird, but for some reason I cannot shake off this persistent sense of unease. My friends are all jubilant and ecstatic, but I still feel a certain heaviness. Is that guilt I'm feeling? For knowing I didn't study hard enough? Fatigue? I haven't the foggiest idea but well, the results will speak for themselves. I know I will not do very badly, just not as well as I wanted to. Remember what I said about beating that guy? That challenge is still on.

Meeting up with Amy again, finally. That woman can never make time for her best friend. Tsk. At this rate, woman, YOU should be buying me shitloads of gifts :) just kidding. You'll be receiving that Crumpled of yours in no time at all.


I have a confession to make. One that I've been holding inside for a long time, which I now think the time has come for me to reveal.

I'm an addict.

Yes, I'm an irrecoverable addict. I cannot resist the temptation, the tantalizing allure of it all. Yes, I am hopelessly in its iron clutches, its iron-fisted grip, unable to tear myself away. The hypnotic pull of it is too much to bear sometimes. It is a black hole, pulling in all who come too near, sucking them into a vortex, into a time or place which they cannot hope to understand or fathom, ergo their hopelessly powerless minds and bodies.



Top Gear on Youtube is amazing, isn't it?

No comments: