Thursday, July 17, 2008

I love the whole world

I shall not beat about the bush on this. Because it concerns how I feel about something and ultimately, something which is close to my heart.

I cannot maintain my composure on this situation because it would be tantamount to lying to the feelings which run deep.

For such a long time I have given chance after chance but somehow nothing ever seemed to materialise. I am not one to grasp a modicum of a chance to end it and I never will. But as all humans go we are, after all, created with emotions and feelings which infinitesimally influence our actions and temperament. And I declare that as of today, I shall be giving no quarter any more. That is my final decision and try as you might shaken I shall be not.

How do I look like to you? Am I a person of comparatively lesser importance then any others? Or are you simply an individual with such morals that each time you encounter something like that, you demonstrate an entire lack of compassion and simply turn the other way. To put it very simply, it makes me feel like shit. Time and again it has been in me to forgive you, to think that all this was merely a veneer of your true self, that what you had underneath was a greener, more mercifully tender side. I guess it's a little bit different now. It makes me think myself a fool to have unconditionally given you chances all these years.

You have been compassionate - concerned, even - these years and those were times which I enjoyed most. We have enjoyed many pleasant times together and it was then which I believed that we'd be pals forever. But why did you turn around so fast and leave me addled? Why this change that too changed me? Why can't you see what you're doing to me?

Friends, they say, last forever. Friends stand up for you when you're in the deepest muck ever imaginable. Friends share your tears, your smiles, your frowns, your sarcasm, your idiosyncrasies, your sadness, your love, joy and laughter. If it ever came to it I'd unhesitatingly lay down my life for my best friends because I know they'd do it for me too.

I wonder if you ever feel this way about me.

P.S. Thanks to the two guys (you know who you are) who talked me through this. You guys come second to none. As always.
****


Do watch this video. It's so lovely and uplifting. It almost brought tears to my eyes, it did. It's Discovery Channel's new mashup and it's the best I've seen in my life.


No comments: