Thursday, September 28, 2006

Ich wär so gerne Millionär

Thanks to countless individuals literally threatening me to update, I shall. Hence.


School has restarted, naturally, and marks, projects and homework have all come flying back. Can't complain. School is school, after all. We have been shifted to another class, which looks like a converted barnhouse with whitewashed walls. I swear, the other class is having a whale of a time with their new home, aka our old class. Compared to our current shack, theirs is like the Hilton. Plush seats, clean walls, modern equipment, what more could one ask for? Repeated threats for them to vacate the premises or ''heavy gunfire will follow'' have gone unheeded. GIT YER ASSES OUT OF OUR CLASS!


German class is tough. We're learning new verb forms now, which is about as much fun as having a red-hot poker driven through your left eye. But I'll manage. We had fun the last lesson, listening to German pop group's Die Prinzen's Millionär, which is a song about this guy who wants to be a millionaire and the things he's going to do, eg. rob a bank, be a popstar etc. It's a fantastically catchy song. I fell in love with the tune when I first heard it. Elegantly simple yet brilliantly memorable. And the lyrics are really funny too.


Accompanied Audrey to reconfigure her laptop. For a good 6 hours we sat there, me attempting to study (in vain) my DE, and her also attempting to knit until a knot screwed up the process. I helped with unravelling the thread/yarn/whatever. I never knew knitting was so fun. No really, it seemed to me. Although I know how to knit about as much as the Incredible Hulk, it seems like fun to me. Must try my hand at it. Knitters beware. After the 6 hour fiasco, and after countless "excuse me Sir why is it like that", "wah lau restart again" and my favourite "shit we forgot to type that", the computer was done and we went to Junction 8 for makan. We met up with Eunice and I got introduced to Audrey's friend Amy. Together they call themselves the Powerpuff gals but you'll catch me dead trying to elaborate on that. Was the only guy in the group so was plenty nervous. And I knew my Chinese was about as fluent as an Eskimo's so I stuck to speaking good ol' English instead.


I hope I'm not conveying a wrong message. I don't want him to think otherwise. He thinking that I'm robbing him is the last thing I want to happen. And today, someone said something that terrified me. I can tell that sowed a seed of suspicion in him. In light of all that happened, it seems true, but it truly isn't. I don't want to disrupt anything. I wish I could explain further but in light of the situation it is best that elaboration be kept to a minimum.




-i've been thinking-

No comments: