Thursday, April 13, 2006

poly daze

Hola everyone..sorry i've been away for so long. how things have changed. I'm in Singapore Poly now for the past 4 days, today being Thursday, in class DASE/FT/1B/21.For the uninitiated, that stands for Dip. in Aerospace Electronics/Full time/1B/Class 21. I tell you guys, it's been nothing but fun ever since the first day I stepped into that class. We now have a total of 17 people, 3 of them gals. Quite unexpected right? Most people would have thought that in this kind of technical course, not many girls would want to join.

Well, think again.

The people in my class are basically a reflection of the sort of students you encounter in the hallways of the polytechnic. Cheerful, laughing, joyous and amiable, they exude a personality of friendliness and approachability. To be honest it's too premature to talk about their true personalities yet, but I believe I've known them sufficiently to describe them as thus.

To tell the truth I was anxious before stepping into poly. I worried about the sort of people I would meet there and the environment that I would study in for the next 3 yrs. My fears were in vain. After a long cannonade of lectures, talks, briefings and the like, I have come to see SP in a totally new light. Gone is the stereotyping of ah bengs and lians stalking the halls, armed with leather belts, dressed in indeterminate fashion, camouflaged with 3 layers of makeup and having total indifference to their lecturers. In my now-fresh eyes, I see them as a group that is vibrant, vocal and unafraid to be different.

Quite a contrast to JCians, I'm sure you'll agree?

I no longer believe that one must feel shy or withdrawn if asked about one's institution of study, especially if it's SP. To me, if asked, it would be an honour to speak about this institution that has so much to offer.

To be continued....

No comments: